Hi Brent,

Thanks for the heads up. Does Best Practical keep any updated documentation
on the RT CLI syntax somewhere as the RT versions change? I have the
Essentials book and the Wikia has some useful information, but I'd like
something that provides in-depth coverage. I made several custom fields, so
I'm not sure how that would change the CLI inputs. This is going to be a
fun expedition.

Sincerely,
Dave

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Parish, Brent <bpar...@cognex.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave
>

> I would strongly recommend against importing ticket data directly into the
> RT database, I sincerely doubt you will end up with anything usable!
>
> There are a myriad of internal references (very normalized table
> structure, as I’m sure you saw).
>

> There may be better ways to do it, but when I had to  shift tickets from
> two different support tools into RT I wrote an importer to do it.
>
> The importer used RT’s command line interface to push the old systems into
> RT, one ticket at a time.
>
> That way, RT creates all the requisite references, objects, etc.
>

> As to adding your own fields to the RT database, I cannot answer that,
> sorry!
>

> -          Brent

---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR Training Sessions https://bestpractical.com/training