Christopher Kunz wrote:
> what's the easiest way to implement a functionality where
> - one person per day is made "Ticket master" and receives all incoming
> new tickets as well as replies to unowned tickets
> - Nobody else receives these mails
> - Across several queues (3-5)
> Can this be accomplished using a scrip?
>
> Would I be better off just forwarding all mail to a specific mail alias
> (a CC or AdminCC with a role contact like ticketmas...@mycompany.com),
> and then updating that mail alias daily?

Don't do it this way.  You will end up with missed new ticket email scattered
across multiple email accounts.

Make a dedicated account to log in as that handles this role.  It can be
assigned to a new person each day, and any missed emails will still be in the
inbox (or spam folder) for later retrieval.  You may be able to set up access
from other users (like a secretary can access the boss's email).  This
secondary access could be assigned each day as well.  If you have secondary
access, you may not need to add/remove people to access, since any activity
should be recorded by the user's own account.  If they have to log in as that
particular special user, you lose some of that accountability.  It may not be
important to you.

Create a user group for this role in RT as well.  Each day, assign whichever
member is handling things to that group and un-assign the previous person.  All
rights for dealing with such tickets belong to the group, so you don't have to
mess with user permissions.  Each transaction gets logged against the user, not
the group, so you know who did what.

/jeff

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.
---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR Training Sessions https://bestpractical.com/training
* Los Angeles - September, 2016