On Sep 7, 2016, at 2:57 PM, Keith Creasy
<kcre...@aph.org<mailto:kcre...@aph.org>> wrote:

Apologies. I keep forgetting that replies to this list go to the sender and not
to the list…

From: Keith Creasy
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 5:55 PM
To: 'Hien Ly' <hien.thai...@gmail.com<mailto:hien.thai...@gmail.com>>
Subject: RE: [rt-users] Query for custom fields using 'NOT LIKE' is no longer
working

Hi. I think I now know the problem but haven’t confirmed it yet.

We just created a new queue for requests submitted by beta testors. It’s sort
of an approval queue though we are not using the built-in __approval queue,
it’s just a regular queue. A “Type” custom field was created in it with
different values from the existing Type field. I suspect that RT is matching
the first field with the name CF.{Type} it finds. The reason is that if you use
the field id CF.{11} it works.

CF.{11} NOT LIKE ‘Epic’

If this is a solution I’ll let you know but it is equally strange that “LIKE”
works while “NOT LIKE” does not.

Is this a bug in RT?

I try to apply a single CF to multiple queues if it has the same name so it is
treated the same.  Apart from that though - do you need to use LIKE?  Can you
use != instead?  eg. CF.{cfname} != 'EPIC'.  I wonder if you have the same
problem using != instead but yeah it does sound like a bug to me.  I did notice
that you had strange quotations again though but I trust you are just using
regular single quotes in actuality.

CF.{11} NOT LIKE ‘Epic’

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management

---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR training sessions, and a new workshop day!
https://bestpractical.com/training
* Boston - October 24-26
* Los Angeles - Q1 2017