From: "Jeff Todd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 1:27 PM
Subject: [RollTideFan] Bob Connelly said:

> "I don't know exactly what everyone complaining is looking at. Without
knowing what's going on in the staff
> meetings and on the practice and with personnel, it's sometimes easy to be
an armchair quarterback. I thought
> that we've been very productive. We've averaged 6.1 yards a play. I think
we've done an effective job at times.
> Schematically, we're probably a little different than the previous staff
[Franchione]. But there are also a lot
> of similarities to what they did [in the running game]. We've also taken
bits and pieces from the backgrounds
> of others on this coaching staff and put them together. We're still
teaching and we're getting better every
> day. Not having a spring practice together, we're still in the
implementation stages of this offense. Again,
> we're very close. Sometimes it's a wide receiver, or the quarterback
misses a read, or an offensive lineman
> misses an assignment, but our focus has been great and we're working on
making the corrections. And, yes, it
> does hurt missing Justin Smiley. He's a big part of our success in the
running game. At the same time, we feel
> that Atlas Herrion has come in and played well. For those that are upset,
hang in there with us. I think you're