----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Houston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "RollTideFan - University of Alabama Athletics
Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: [RollTideFan] QB Problems?

> It's called hyperbole...sarcasm to make a point. I'll
> point it out from now
> on.

Gee, thanks!

> Spencer, to my recollection, has never been a very
> good QB.

No, but he's been accused of having potential by more
than one coaching staff.

> He was a
> baseball player at Fayette

He also played football...QB, I do believe. And he's
also the son of a coach, if I'm not mistaken. That's
normally a pretty good foundation for becoming a decent
college QB. At least one that you don't have to worry
about costing you game, after game, after game. What is
this, Pennington's 4th year at BAMA? You'd think he'd
gotten enough coaching by this point to be a dependable
QB. NOT!

> He was tutored at that time by the brilliant (sarcasm)
> Les
> Koenning, who is famous for molding great passers
> Andrew Zow and Tyler Watts

Who, oh by the way, managed to win SEVENTEEN FUCKING
GAMES in TWO SEASONS!

> (sarcasm.)  He may have looked good in some
> scrimmages. Hell, he probably
> looks good in practice at times also. But that's
> slightly different
> (sarcasm) from making great throws against Tennessee
> et al.

I could've sat here for days and never figured that out!
Thanks for the insight, dude.

> So now we're complaining that he has in the past
> "looked strong," but now he
> sucks because his position coach isn't "decent,"
> laying aside the fact his
> HEAD coach was a QB coach in the NFL.

Jason, when Shula starts coaching QB's at BAMA, get back
with me. In the meantime, as long as that nimrod Dave
Rader is coaching QB's,  and coordinating the offense -
WE ARE FUCKED!

> OR, it just might be (sarcasm) that he was THIRD
> STRING for a reason going
> in to the 2004 season, and that he's just not a very
> good quarterback.

Or, it might be because Shula flipped a fuckin' coin and
it landed on Guilon.

> Maybe you'll get your way and we'll fire the architect
> of the No. 1 defense
> in AMERICA

HA! HA! HA!  Are you talking about the same dickwad that
last year said there was no point in blitzing Timmy
Chang because he couldn't be sacked, even if he didn't
have an offensive line?

Alabama hasn't played one single team worth a damn this
season. And when they do, that defense you're bragging
about will get their nuts handed to them.

> and fire Rader so we can find a "decent" position
> coach who can
> turn Spencer back into the fine quarterback he once
> was (sarcasm).

What the hell's come over you? It wasn't that long ago
YOU YORESLEF were just as down on this coaching staff as
anyone, including myslef. What is it about this
glistening 5-3 record that's made such a believer out of
you? Oh! Never mind. I forgot; it's that #1 defense
that's got you whistling Yea Alabama!

> And as for your derisive comments directed toward our
> head coach about the
> Prothro package,

Since when did the truth start getting under your skin
so badly?

> you might be surprised by the end of the year, given
> what
> I've heard this week.

I would hope so, considering that Shula will probably
have a month to get ready for a bowl game.

No, I won't be a damn bit surprised. It'll be too late,
which will be par for the course.

JT