Shula appeared more focused and determined last night than at any other time in his career. He was so pissed at KD when the procedure call cost them the TD that he was spitting nails. He fscking wants to win ... it's just a matter of time... he'll get there. Sure as hell would help if "lady luck" would smile down upon BAMA every once and awhile. We haven't caught a lucky break in forever it seems...

RTR!
Rick

Tim Boozer wrote:
I don't expect anyone to bite their tongue. This is the place to mouth off
and state your opinion. I doubt VERY seriously that anything posted on here
is read by the coaches anyway. I would certainly hope that they have more
important things to do right now.

You're right though, it certainly appeared that Shula lost his composure.
That's something that great coaches don't do. I don't remember that
happening very often to Bryant, Don Shula, Landry, etc., but I also don't
remember ever seeing any footage of their early coaching days when they were
in their sophomore year of head coaching responsibilities. I'm willing to
bet that even they had to do a little learning from experience. At least I
certainly hope so.

I have no problem holding Shula accountable though. Anything less would be
overly patronizing, I'm just saying that I'm still quite happy with him and
he has my support. I'm actually glad to see the apparent flurry of f-bombs
flying on the sidelines. He's lost a lot of that deer in the headlights
glaze and is showing who's in charge.

I'd love to see Shula succeed, and I think he'll be given more than a fair opportunity to do so. But that doesn't mean I'm going to sit around and bite my tongue, or turn a blind eye to bone-headed blunders. Shula lost his composure after the non-call that went for an INT. He let it eat him alive and it affected not only his play calling for the remainder of the game, but his lack of composure was transferred to everyone else on the BAMA sideline. I'll not bore you with details. All you have to do is take one look at the stats for both teams prior to the non-call, and afterwards.

That kind of shit can't happen to a head coach. Raise
hell! Get a 15 yard penalty for arguing your case! Then
call a TO and get everyone together on the sideline and
tell them not to let it cross their mind again! Then get
back to business and WIN the fuckin' game!