From: JeffreyHaas <jh...@pfrc.org>
To: Reshad Rahman <res...@yahoo.com>;
Cc: BFD WG <rtg-bfd@ietf.org>;Alexander Vainshtein
<alexander.vainsht...@rbbn.com>;Nitsan Dolev <nitsan.do...@rbbn.com>;Shell
Nakash <shell.nak...@rbbn.com>;James Lian <james.l...@rbbn.com>;
Date: 2022年10月20日 20:52
Subject: Re: A missing read/write attribute in RFC 9314?

On Oct 19, 2022, at 3:24 PM, Jeffrey Haas <jh...@pfrc.org> wrote:

I think what this work looks like is:1. Survey of implementations to see
whether they do this behavior, and whattheir knob is, if so.

I have confirmed that Juniper's implementation does not support the behavior
described in this thread.  When in the Up state, Juniper's BFD on LAG uses the
discovered unicast MAC address.
Xiao Min reports that ZTE's implementation behaves similarly.

[XM]>>> I see the similarity is that there is no any knob, at the same time, it
seems different destination MAC is selected. In ZTE's implementation, the
dedicated multicast MAC is used, while in Juniper's implementation, the
discovered unicast MAC is used. Then, my question is, would it be recognizable
for Juniper node when receiving BFD control packet with dedicated multicast MAC
from ZTE node?

It'd be good to get responses from Cisco, Huawei, and Nokia.

-- Jeff