Jeff,

Please see inline...

Original

From: JeffreyHaas <jh...@pfrc.org>
To: 肖敏10093570;
Cc: gregimir...@gmail.com <gregimir...@gmail.com>;rtg-bfd@ietf.org
<rtg-bfd@ietf.org>;
Date: 2023年04月07日 23:32
Subject: Re: WGLC for draft-ietf-bfd-unaffiliated-echo (ending 7 April, 2023)

Xiao Min,

On Apr 7, 2023, at 3:15 AM, xiao.m...@zte.com.cn wrote:
That's an interesting deficiency.  I will ask Juniper BFD developers if there's
any similar consideration for our current implementation.
"could" isn't one of our RFC 2119 normative terms.  Do you believe "SHOULD" is
more appropriate?
[XM-2]>>> If we would like to use normative term for SA, then that can also
apply to DA, suggest s/would/MUST. As Greg pointed out, there may be implicit
conflict with RFC 5881 section 4 that says "In particular, the source address
SHOULD NOT be part of the subnet bound to the interface over which the BFD Echo
packet is being transmitted".

Best Regards,

Xiao Min

-- Jeff