Hi Anais,
The suggestion posted by Chao might be helpful to improve both results. My
intuition is that this is caused by the fact that SART has no
regularization and it is know that it will start to diverge from the
solution after a few iterations. Setting the number of iteration is a way
of avoiding divergence.
Now, if you double the number of projections, I would say that one
iteration goes two times faster to the solution. So I would compare a
halved number of iterations when doubling the number of projections. I
would suggest to use regularized conjugate gradient and to compare the
results at convergence instead...
I hope this helps,
Simon