Hi all,

For ages, there is Bash/Zsh completion support available for the default
OptParser [1]. That means quite some Ruby application could provide some
basic command completion out of the box. However, the setup is a bit
clumsy. The steps necessary to enable the command completion for single
executable are described her [2]. Any ideas, how we could benefit from
this feature? Should we store the "rb_optparse.bash" somewhere? Where to
load it and how to enable the completion for specific executables?
Should we try to enable the bash completion for every Ruby executable?
Should we have some macro for this?

Vít

[1]
https://github.com/ruby/ruby/commit/644f0445e86034dde399d6db8261c82cf34b8e07