Hi everybody,

I just created PR with .spec file updated to build Ruby 2.6.0.preview3:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ruby/pull-request/32

It is very much WIP, but it builds at least. I have even not tried to
install or run the package. Pagure is so nice, that it should provide
the recent scratch builds via simple-koji-ci, so I am not going to link
it here.

So far, there are 3 things missing/ignored:

1. Bundler is completely removed. I am afraid the situation has not
improved much since last year. E.g. Molinillo, the dependency solver is
included in Ruby twice, once via RubyGems, second time via Bundler, etc.
not nice.

2. IRB was gemified, therefore it should be moved into rubygem-
subpackage and the original ruby-irb should be obsoleted.

3. I am still undecided how to go forward with JIT. It requires compiler
and it has to be explicitly required, therefore we should do nothing
IMO. Later, we should probably Suggest or even Require the compiler? Not
sure.

And as always, please let me know any feedback, either here or in PR.

Best,

Vít