While I agree we should try to avoid typos in our codebase.

Fixing typos It is a very easy and low barrier way to get new contributors, and
I think this kind of contribution is very welcome, so I’d prefer to not
discourage or even remove the possibility of people to submit typo PRs.

Maybe, someday, someone start with a PR to fix a typo
(https://github.com/rails/rails/commit/a0552d653b00e2e5b77e086b155e89fa22e4d6ed
<https://github.com/rails/rails/commit/a0552d653b00e2e5b77e086b155e89fa22e4d6ed>)
 and end up in the top of this list https://contributors.rubyonrails.org/