Greetings!

I'm in the process of moving my app from a shared hosting arrangement to a
VPS and am seeing some mongrel behavior I haven't seen before.
Specifically, after about 30 minutes of inactivity mongrel goes unresponsive
and has to be restarted.  When I restart it writes the messages below.
Before that, there's nothing in the logs that shows any problem at all.

In mongrel.log:

** USR2 signal received.
Thu Feb 08 08:43:51 EST 2007: Reaping 2 threads for slow workers because of
'shutdown'
Thread # is too old, killing.
Thu Feb 08 08:43:51 EST 2007: Error calling Dispatcher.dispatch #Thread # is
too old, killing.

In production.log:

Mongrel timed out this thread: shutdown

A set of trace messages follow this which I'm happy to post if it would be
helpful.

Can anybody help me understand what's going on and what I need to do to fix
it?

Thanks much,
Bill