On Sep 20, 2006, at 12:54 AM, Michael wrote:

> If this condition is not executed, we assume that the client can't run
> scriptaculous/AJAX and could be a search engine.

If it's a search engine that can't run JavaScript, there's not going
to be anything you can do in that browser session to check that the
condition wasn't executed. No JavaScript, after all. :)

> My question to the community is, if there're any other (better) ideas?

If your concern is primarily about search engines, you'd probably be
better off with either a user-agent detection check on the server
side, or using the old standby <noscript></noscript>.

-Clay

--
Killersoft.com