Meh... I see how this is an issue where people are using for..in
incorrectly, but I don't think the authors of Prototype should try changing
anything now to appease some (yes) poorly written legacy code. That would
force many people to have to $A() wrap their Arrays where they don't have to
right now, just because some legacy code can't be bothered to be fixed up :)
-- sorry Rob, -1 from me.

Anyway, I think the OP has more or less moved on (not joining in the fun
debate anymore). Ah, well, se la vie.

--
Ryan Gahl
Manager, Senior Software Engineer