I do this almost daily. I use an imaging sdk which can create thumbnails
found on the internet . Install it and it becomes a selectable
processing option.Then you can create thumbnails in your image in any
program at all, including Adobe Acrobat . Just open the images, select
thumbnail,and follow the setps given in the sdk, the task will be
finished in several seconds. if you haven't found a good choice , you
can have a try. best wishes.
http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/thumbnail-creating/