I would agree with Fred.
Beyond the technical - the approach does not make sense to me in general
because you are trying to automatically spam those boards.

Fundamentally, I would focus on how to drive more traffic to your site.
Maybe talking to the other boards and agreeing to share jobs is a better
approach. Of course they have to see value in what you are offering. From a
quick look boards like indeed, craigslist need payment to post a job -
which makes sense if they have access as the meta-job search tool lots of
people use. As an employer I would be more likely to pay a board as I have
a real need and a deadline vs a free board - just my feel.

John

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Frederick Cheung <
frederick.che...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 9:49:32 PM UTC+1, Olaoluwa Afolabi
> wrote:
>>
>> I like to post to some selected free job boards what a job advert is made
>> on my ruby on rails job board. How can I factor this or is there any gem
>> that handles that? Here is the full detail to my question on Stackoverflow
>> which is not allowed on stackoverflow: How to post to multiple job
>> boards from my job board - Ruby on Rails
>> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39510934/how-to-post-to-multiple-job-boards-from-my-job-board-ruby-on-rails>
>>

> I doubt there is a generic way that would work for all job boards. For
> each job board you'd first check whether they provide an api, if so write
> some code to talk to that api. If there is no api, then look at the form
> that allows you to post a job ad and try to replicate it using a ruby http
> client. If you're unlucky there may be things such as captchas which make
> this more difficult
>
> Fred

> msgid/rubyonrails-talk/793ae267-d030-44c1-963d-
> c27c3e763719%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/793ae267-d030-44c1-963d-c27c3e763719%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

John Lohavichan