Hey Jason,
    Thank you for the book recommendation, a good addition to what I have
so far with books on Rails and Ruby. I have gone through many of the
sections of the Rails guide and the edge version. The drill down that
approach that Walter described is something I'm doing, but now I'm just
trying to find the point of origin with each gem/module. So much magic,
hard to tell when you hit paydirt. As for Ruby itself, I've explored it
regularly for a while now, just feel like it sticks when I need to use the
information. Thank you again for the recommendations, much obliged.