> "Normal"?  What makes them any more or less "normal"?

i just knew someone would pick up on that comment!!   I added in
Windows to clarify, but re reading what I wrote, I should have said
cut and paste buffer keystrokes, which is what I think was
predominantly in my mind.  The reason I stuck with the wording normal,
was that it occurred to me these were not just windows keystrokes but
the keystrokes used by  most web browsers, which these days IMHO makes
them pretty much the norm.

But what the heck - I am getting better with emacs all the time,
running the console in one of the buffers is working well, and
switching between buffers to re run commands etc is now becoming much
more automatic.  I just need to learn to resist the temptation to pick
up the mouse!

Tonypm