It appears that Rust does not to have labeled loops with break and
continue by label the way Java has.  Also, it appears that alt does
not have fall-through the way switch in C has.

Are break and continue by label and/or fall-through in alt supported
in some non-obvious and unadvertised way?  If not, are there plans to
add to these features?  (While I understand that fall-through in
switch is largely considered a misfeature, break and continue by label
seem less controversial.)

If there are no plans to add these features, what are the recommended
ways to emulate these features in a way that compiles to efficient
machine code?

The use case I have is targeting Rust with the translator that
currently targets C++ and generates the HTML parser in Gecko. (It uses
goto hidden behind macros to emulate break and continue by label in
C++.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivo...@iki.fi