On 10/10/2012 11:48 AM, Brian Anderson wrote:
On 10/10/2012 04:16 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Brian Anderson <bander...@mozilla.com> wrote:
Even break and continue by label would be useful without fall-through in
alt.

Thanks, Henri. I've posted this information to our bugtracker:
https://github.com/mozilla/rust/issues/2216

Thanks. So does this mean I should work with the assumption that Rust
will get break/continue by label and I should not develop a code
transformation to work around the current lack thereof?

Yes, if you still need it, then you can assume we will add it, though I don't know the timeframe. Sadly, there are a lot of things [prioritized] for the next release and labeled break and continue isn't on there. I will add it presently.

[prioritized]: https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Note-0.5-priorities

Tim got labeled break and continue work for 'loop', and I believe for 'while' as well. It does not yet work on 'for' loops. Here's a test case to crib off of:

https://github.com/mozilla/rust/blob/incoming/src/test/run-pass/issue-2216.rs