On 08/12/2013 12:15 PM, Evan Martin wrote:
You could make the links to source more stable by linking to exactly the
version of the source that the docs were built from.
E.g. rather than having
http://seld.be/rustdoc/master/std/either/fn.lefts.html
link to
https://github.com/mozilla/rust/blob/master/src/libstd/either.rs#L121-130
you could replace 'master' there with the commit, like
https://github.com/mozilla/rust/blob/fad7857c7b2c42da6081e593ab92d03d88643c81/src/libstd/either.rs#L121-130

Along the same lines, what I'm planning on doing is providing snapshots of the source (created via pygments or something similar), so it'd be nice to be able to specify the format of the line anchors/file extensions in some way. As far as I can tell, for pygments it will look like this: module.html#foo-123, for example.

-SL