You have done an excellent job. Thank you.

Gareth

On 31/08/13 01:05, Graydon Hoare wrote:
Hi,

As I'm sure many of you who know me are aware, my role as technical lead on Rust has been quite draining over the years. Both to myself and to those I've worked with, it just isn't a great fit for me.

In recognition of this, I am stepping aside to work elsewhere in the organization, and Brian will be assuming the role of technical lead of Rust.

Brian is one of the most skilled, judicious, professional and productive developers I've ever worked with. Along with the exceptional skill and dedication of the rest of the Rust team, I have complete confidence in the remaining path to a successful 1.x series of what has shaped up to be an excellent language.

It has been a rare pleasure and privilege to work with the Rust team, both those inside Mozilla and in the broader community.

Thanks,

-Graydon