A Rust datetime library has been on my to-do list for a long time. :)

JSR-310 is a very complete solution, but it carries a lot of Java baggage. C++11's std::chrono library [1] defines a smaller API for time points and durations without calendars (i.e. the hard part). std::chrono's API might be more "rustic" than JSR-310's because C++ and Rust have operator overloading.

I strongly recommend reading Erik Naggum's "The Long, Painful History of Time" [2] about Common Lisp's support for the "concept of time as humans experience it." :)

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh874757.aspx
[2] http://naggum.no/lugm-time.html

chris