On 09/22/2013 07:45 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:
It would require changing the rules for lifetimes, with no benefit (and no clear new rule to
use anyway). &'foo"delim" is perfectly legal today, and I see no reason to
change that.
It's not as big a change as you make it out to be, but fair enough.

Looking at the parser right now, it seems to me that implementing the leading 'R' in C++'s syntax will be just as difficult/easy as doing my delim"stuff"delim proposal so I'm sticking to that idea as my 'vote'.

If C++ way is chosen, I'd suggest the following permutation of the delimeters, as I think it looks lighter (by virtue of using smaller characters):

r'delim"raw string"delim'
r'"raw string"'

-SL