On 11/5/13 8:32 AM, David Piepgrass wrote:
Segmented stacks aren't the only solution though.

If the concern is many tasks that block for a long time, I imagine a
mechanism to bundle a bunch of small, dormant stacks into a single page
so that the original pages could be released to the OS.

If stacks were additionally relocatable (which requires similar
machinery as precise moving GC, if I'm not mistaken)

This is correct. It's conceivable (although I can't make any promises) that if and when LLVM supports this, we could experiment with doing what Go does.

Patrick