We plan on not breaking code after Rust 1.0, except for gated features. That
said, we reserve the right to change things in potentially breaking ways if
type/memory unsoundness is discovered. We also might change small,
inconsequential things if we're reasonably sure nobody is relying on them--the
bar for this is high, however.

Libraries will follow a set of stability level guarantees that vary on a
module-by-module basis. Stability encompasses both API level stability and
semantic stability: if the semantics change in a way that is likely to break
code, we'll introduce a new API instead of modifying a stable one.

There will be plenty of new features added (e.g. unboxed closures, higher
kinded type parameters), and we discuss them a lot these days to make sure we
don't close them off.

We haven't discussed it, but I assume Rust 2.0 might break things. That will
presumably be a long way off though.

Patrick