On 12/30/13 9:45 AM, Andres Osinski wrote:
Question: assuming something like optional/kwargs is eventually
introduced (and I'm assuming at this time everyone understands their
usefulness but has more important things going on in the language) what
would happen with the std, considering those features would open up a
plethora of new function signatures that might deprecate older methods?

It's a pain, but we'd probably have to live with the bad signatures in libstd, or create new labeled versions (like OCaml did), or design the feature in such a way as to permit multiple invocation styles of a function. This hasn't really been discussed in detail though.

Patrick