On 02/04/2014 18:43, Corey Richardson wrote:
On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Steve Klabnik <st...@steveklabnik.com> wrote:
I compiled from source just yesterday, but everything's been going swimmingly!

I just have one comment on 0.10: It seems like println was removed
from the prelude. While I can totally appreciate that most people will
use println!, which is automatically use-able, it _is_ making my
'hello world' examples significantly more complex, since basically
every one of them needs to either import println or use println!("{}",
foo);

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, just wanted to raise that
as a possible issue.

It has been raised, as an extension to the macro, that invocation with
a single, non-string literal, could expand into `println!("{}",
$that_arg)` rather than requiring the `"{}"`.

This sounds even better than having both println() and println!() (in the prelude) with non-obvious differences.

--
Simon Sapin