This seems like madness. No other programming language out there that I've
seen requires developers to mangle these environment variables. On Mac, if
you don't want all of RPATH to be searched, you can use more specific
relative paths such as @executable_path or @loader_path in the load
command. If rust does end up sticking with this regression, it should
replace all of the tools with little shell scripts that set them
appropriately for you and before invoking the real tool.