From: Iwase Yusuke [mailto:iwase.yusu...@gmail.com]
Sent: 25 August 2016 13:01
To: Ajay Chopra <chop...@hcl.com>
Cc: ryu-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Ryu-devel] Not able to install the RYU controller

Hi,

Ryu drops Python 2.6 support at this patch.
   https://github.com/osrg/ryu/commit/af5e6b5fb7bfcce070fb94c46157546a70453c34

So, the latest Ryu might not work well on your environment.
Please install Python version 2.7, 3.4 or 3.5, first.

To activate Python virtualenv, please refer to the following example.
e.g.)
   $ sudo pip install virtualenv
   $ virtualenv -p python2.7 venv
   $ source venv/bin/activate
   (venv) $ pip install .  # "sudo" is not required
   (venv) $ ryu-manager

Thanks,
Iwase