Hello list.

How sad to see on a Monday that Gmane is about to shutdown, at
least as a complete Web/NNTP service!

Really sad.  But as Lars Ingebrigtsen says, "it's been 14
years..."[1]  Almost six of those i've used his Gmane, and i was
really happy once he added this ML to his service!

Thank you very much for Gmane, Lars Ingebrigtsen.
(And may you stay happy with the wrong editor.)

He was it who added this ML also to The Mail Archive, right from
the start i'd think.  I have updated the/my web site to point to
this free service, which luckily exists.

The neutral archive (the Sourceforge.net lives on [2]) now lives
solely at [3], the last announcement at [4].  I hope it will be
possible to convert this archive to the new s-mailx list (that
will live on my own domain), as easy and user-transparent as it
would have been with the service that Lars provided for so many
years.

  [1] https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/
  [2] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=s-nail-users
  [3] https://www.mail-archive.com/s-nail-users@lists.sourceforge.net/
  [4]
https://www.mail-archive.com/s-nail-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00435.html

The Mail Archive seems to have 440 messages of our ML, so this is
441 there and 443 on Gmane.  I hope 442 on the former will report
the long-awaited (Uff!  More than four months!)  merge of [crawl]
into [next].  Until then,

Ciao!

--steffen

S-nail-users@lists.sourceforge.net