Hi,

I've noticed that the new version of s-nail (14.9.0) now prints
warnings and segfaults when $HOME of the current user is not writable.
I'm using it to send mail from a cronjob of my http user, which has no
write-access to its home folder.

The previous versions (14.8.16 and earlier) did neither print these
warnings nor segfaulted.

I'm using Arch Linux, my server's architecture is x86_64. Steps to
reproduce:

  # ls -lah /home | grep http
  dr-xr-x--- 7 http http 4.0K Jun  3 11:53 http

  # echo test | sudo -u http mail my@self
  mail: $HOME is not a directory or not accessible: /home/http
  mail: $TMPDIR is not a directory or not accessible: /home/http
  mail: Assignment of variable aborted: HOME
  Segmentation fault

Thanks and best regards,
Felix Fontein

S-nail-users@lists.sourceforge.net