Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in <20181213170624.r58vp%stef...@sdaoden.eu>:
 |Werner Fink wrote in <20181213092255.ga12...@boole.suse.de>:
 ||Also I'd like to ask how to enable the RFC4155 as default as I can
 ||not break mbox out there.  This was the first what I've seen on my
 ||various tests with my test mbox folders around here and I'd like to
 ||avoid that users/customers have to edit their mbox based folders[2]
 ||--- /tmp/bad.mbox       2018-12-11 10:42:44.022544988 +0100
 ||+++ /tmp/good.mbox      2018-12-11 10:42:44.718532118 +0100
 ||-From clean Mutt source, it shows which patches each distro uses and the
 ||+>From clean Mutt source, it shows which patches each distro uses and the

So i have rewritten the MBOX loader somewhat.  As you have
correctly said there must be at least one header line after the
From_ line, and we will henceforth be clever enough to get this
right.  Thanks for the suggestion, this is a real improvement on
the loader side!  We will also keep the knowledge whether a From_
line was corrupted, and replace that one when we `copy' or `save'
etc.

Still, when you do the "copy * somehwere" dance then ^From in body
lines will be MBOXO quoted until v15, when the MessagePart objects
to_wire()/to_ui() will recognize that its content can be
misinterpreted by simple parsers, in which case reencoding is to
be applied.  And then, maybe, we will readd support for _not_
applying true MIME, but simple MBOXO quoting for ^From_ lines as
such.

Ciao,

--steffen