Hello Viktor.

Excuse me, please, for not being addressed in a response this
afternoon.

SZÉPE Viktor wrote in <20190326180547.Horde._EbhpsqSnQMR0YPAmel-vmA@sze\
pe.net>:
 |Idézem/Quoting Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu>:
 |> Martin Lucina wrote in <20190326161158.dselagbgx7krl...@nodbug.lucina.ne\
 |> t>:

 |>| . ${awk} ... /usr/bin/awk
 |>|FWIW mawk 1.3.3 seems to be installed as /usr/bin/awk on my Debian \
 |>|systems.
 |> So looking at this it seems to be a bug in the Debian mawk you are
 |> using.  Or have i missed a glitch in the code above, hmmm.
 |
 |In Debian, there is another mawk.
 |To build s-nail issue apt-get install git build-essential original-awk

I am truly astonished.  I thought that the package build of Debian
uses a plain default install, but now i see that Paride Legovini,
the Debian maintainer, has added "gawk" to the "build depends".
I did not know that, he did not say a word last time.  I think
i will ask him once i am established on my new machine.  Also to
report that i think that "metadata" seems to use reversed
repository and repository-browse entries.

Well, ok, it was a real pain but i managed to download the Debian
mawk, compile it and see what happens, and it turns out it cannot
character classes and has problems with quotation marks (or more
than any other awk i have ever encountered).
I have fixed this, with credits to Martin Lucina and you.

--steffen