Martin Lucina wrote in <20190326181139.slcee6llpw76o...@nodbug.lucina.net>:
 |On Tuesday, 26.03.2019 at 18:43, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> computers.   Really.  I can finally do things that i never could,
 |> like creating an automatized test series over many VMs.   It has
 |> to be setup first, of course.
 |
 |Ah yes, BTDT, setting up those kinds of systems takes forever. You might be
 |interested in a (side-)project of mine for minimalist KVM VM management
 |precisely for development and automated testing. While missing a bunch of
 |documentation since I've not had time to make it suitable for "public
 |consumption", I think you'd like the general principle:
 |https://github.com/roburio/vm.

Well, ^_^.  Throw-away VM, systemd, LVM, that is way to
heavy-weighted or even "enterprise" for my use case(s).
systemd is even a "rotes Tuch" (red rag).  (Except for the
startup-success etc. notification(s) from within daemons via
socket, but for one the daemons need to be patched, so a generic
all-Unix approach would also have been an option, then, and
i always wonder why such hooks are possible here, while on the
other hand state info must be reparsed from log files expensively.
But this is only my one cent.)

No, i personally do install - snapshot - setup - snapshot, go go
go.  To be noted that FreeBSD ships VM images ready-to-go, too.
But thanks for the pointer!

 --End of <20190326181139.slcee6llpw76o...@nodbug.lucina.net>

Ciao!

--steffen