Idézem/Quoting Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu>:

Stephen Isard wrote in
 <19114-1622726775-764...@sneakemail.com>:
 |On Thu, 3 Jun 2021, Steffen Nurpmeso steffen-at-sdaoden.eu |s-nail| wrote:
 |>|Well, the "problem", such as it is, is that I am getting the error
 |>|marker, but there is no entry in the error log.  That should be a "can't
 |>|happen" - the error marker is only supposed to appear when something is
 |>|added to the log.  But it appears to be happening.

So the problem with Microsoft seems to be that they really want
(even though it is documented nowhere) u...@outlook.com as the
user, so i have "set user=stef...@outlook.com".
So it happens that SMTP ends up saying "MAIL
FROM:<USER@HOST@HOST>", which Microsoft then does not dig.
That is a bummer.

Many system uses URL-encoding "set user=steffen%40outlook.com"

Just a side note.

All the best to you!

SZÉPE Viktor, webes alkalmazás üzemeltetés / Running your application
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
~~~
ügyelet 🌶️ hotline: +36-20-4242498  s...@szepe.net  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület