Hello Stephen.

Stephen Isard wrote in
 <24127-1630441376-784...@sneakemail.com>:
 |> So you could apply the patch below to the [master] branch.
 |
 |I tried to do this and called 'make tangerine'.  Compilation appeared to
 |go ok, but I got five failures from the tests.  I don't know how to
 |interpret them.  The first two are
 |
 |[compose_edits]
 |1:ok 2:ok 3:ok 4:ok 5:ok 6:ok
 |ERROR: 7: checksum mismatch (got 1925930261 46)
 |8:ok 9:ok
 |ERROR: 10: checksum mismatch (got 1925930261 46)
 |11:ok 12:ok 13:ok 14:ok 15:ok
 |
 |The other three, also labelled 'checksum mismatch' follow
 |[lreply_futh_rth_etc] and have numbers 5, 9, 11.
 |
 |Am I doing something wrong?

But why do you expect the test series to work once you applied
a debug patch that was ment for a very specific test of yours?

  #?0!0/NONE#ERROR|:+[/home/steffen/sec.arena/mail/]download? mail d@a
  s-nail: COMMAND <mail> d@a
  Subject: dsa
  !e
  s-nail: Forking child: ed /tmp/s-nail-edbaseTkmLPs
  137
  ALRM
  wq
  137
  GOOD EXIT

Heh.  "ALRM" printed by the MUA.

  !e
  s-nail: Forking child: ed /tmp/s-nail-edbaseXQO7D9
  27
  ALRM
  Hey
  .
  wq
  31
  GOOD EXIT
  s-nail: Not a header line, skipping: Hey
  (continue)

  -------
  Message contains:
  To: ste@phen
  Subject: nix

  Hey

Works well?

  !e
  s-nail: Forking child: ed /tmp/s-nail-edbasecoaKkr
  32
  ALRM

  Bummer
  .
  wq
  40
  GOOD EXIT
  (continue)

  -------
  Message contains:
  To: ste@phen

  Hey

  Bummer

But maybe the alarm(2) should be cleared when we start a child and
the alarm is still set.  So i did that.
Thanks for the report.

--steffen