Good evening all,

A university mail server that I use was outsourced to microsoft. I have been connecting to this server in s-nail using "plain" authentication, i.e., a password. Now microsoft is about to stop supporting plain authentication https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/clients-and-mobile-in-exchange-online/deprecation-of-basic-authentication-exchange-online and it will be necessary to use xoauth2. I have read the s-nail man page section "But, how about XOAUTH2 / OAUTHBEARER?" and can copy the oauth2.py stuff, but I don't know the microsoft equivalents to the gmail instructions for getting and storing the “client ID” and “client secret” given in https://github.com/google/gmail-oauth2-tools/wiki/OAuth2DotPyRunThrough.

Has anyone been connecting to an outlook account using xoauth2 with s-nail? Steffen, did you try to use xoauth2 with your fozzi-baer account?

Thanks,

Stephen Isard