On Mon, 3 Oct 2022, Steffen Nurpmeso steffen-at-sdaoden.eu |s-nail| wrote:
|For all I know, that might be a problem specific to office365 accounts
|tied to organizations and someone with a personal Microsoft account
|could be ok.  If any s-nail user has chosen on their own to use
|Microsoft as their email provider, as opposed to being outsourced to
|them by an organization, it would be interesting if they could check.

I have two free accounts on outlook.com, and i can access without
any problem with either.

Good.

So likely it is that your organization tries to avoid getting
third party code behind some walls.  That however makes me wonder
why your own id works without such trouble, then?

Well, I set up the id when logged in to my organization account, so maybe that makes it ok?

Unsurprisingly, I get the same unverified app message if I try to authorize with your account using flow=devicecode from an ssh login, where running a browser on the same machine is not practical. However, when I try with my own client id and device id, I get a different error message:

  'invalid_client', 'error_description': "AADSTS70002: The provided client
  is not supported for this feature. The client application must be
  marked as 'mobile.

I can't see how to mark the client registration as mobile. Did "mobile" come up when you registered your client?

Stephen Isard