Hello John,

(you are subscribed with your bigpond.com address, but i have set
this one free to post)

jwadod...@gmail.com wrote in
 <13ae2e249b4e8934ef720f31fc451ce5800048b1.ca...@gmail.com>:
 |Not sure if this is relevant, but I recently had trouble with the gnome
 |google auth & found that,
 |
 | /usr/libexec/goa-daemon --replace
 |
 |fixed the immediate problem.

I for myself hope i never have to use a full desktop environment
(again).  And can stay without systemd.  I really love to live on
the command line.  goa-daemon i do not know yet, does not exist on
CRUX Linux .. oh, it does exist on AlpineLinux, but if i look at
its dependencies i am a bit troubled i must say.  Not for me.
The thing with that email OAuth is that Microsoft produced that
RFC in 2012, but sometime after October last year they changed
their own implementation to be well why not say incompatible;
i had to read the entire 76 pages again to be very sure, however.
Google and Yandex worked just fine in October, and in March.
But for me personally this is only very occasional email usage,
you know.

--steffen