--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Barbara Rudnicki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
> I am on the road to a resolution to getting my turnouts
> wired, thanks to you all.
Hi Barb:
I purchased the RFG ribbon wire and it appears to be just like the 
original. I have run into problems with voltage drop when running 24-
30 feet with the smaller ga. wires. Another solution is to use 
automotive wire. I purchased some "Motormite" ribbon wire (86039) at 
Autozone in 16 ga for a very reasonable cost compared to "ACG" 
ribbon wire. The colors aren't the same, white, brown, yellow, 
green, but as long as you're consistent on your layout, so what. 
Also, automotive primary wire in 16 or 14 ga 100-feet rolls is 
available for other uses on your layout.
> 
> As a brand new member to this group, I can already
> see what a fabulous resource it is.

Nothing like "talking" to someone who's already "done it", to help 
you figure out how to make your own layout work.

Have fun,
Ted



S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to