Roy Inman wrote: > The reason I mentioned Chicago is (1) Des Plaines Hobbies and (2) the largest AF club in America is in Shy Town. <
************************************************************* Roy -- I live in Chicago and am not aware of any American Flyer Club here, but might be interested in joining. I do know of the Midwest Train Collectors and the Chicagoland S-Gaugers, but none other. Any info? I joined the Midwest TCA in late 2001. Very good group, nice people, efficient transfer of information. I also paid $15 or so to join the Chicagoland S-Gaugers at last fall's S-Fest in Tinley Park. I still have the canceled check. But I never heard from anyone -- no newsletter, no greeting message, no "Come to a Meeting" note, no membership card, nothing. For a while I thought they didn't have my address. Then I got a postcard asking for a dues renewal in February! I tried to send an email to their rep as listed on the NASG website, but it kept bouncing back. Not very efficient, as far as I'm concerned. Would like any info about an AF club here, though. Phil K S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too! To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
