Hi Bill,
 Sometimes I get fried to easily over this issue. A friend of mine had a 3 
rail shop. I talked him into carrying some S-Gauge. So what does he do? The same 
as every other 3 rail shop. He hides the stuff on the very most out of the 
way corner on a shelf.
 Here comes a new person to the hobby, what does he do? Here is a Cheap 
Lionel set to get you started. Does he give the customer an option? No! Does he 
promote the S-Gauge? Nope! Does he even show it to the customer? Heck no! Then he 
complained to me, It doesn't sell! No way, your kidding right? So I take the 
stuff and go to the train shows with it. I show the potential new hobbyist an 
option. Guess what, I sell the stuff. Not to everyone, no. Some come back with 
a HO set, some an N set, and some an O set. But yes, some come back and buy 
the S set. WOW!  Now he says he probably should have given it more of a chance! 
Well, Duh!
 When you put the 2 sizes next to each other, S-Gauge has the same amount of 
detail. It is starting to get the same kind of choices with all the new 
product and sound systems. I even run DCC with my S-Gauge.  But when you compare the 
track systems, S wins hands down unless you are talking O-Scale 2 rail. Great 
stuff!
 Smaller hands can Handle S-Gauge, and it's still got the heft of O- gauge. 
You can still see to put S-Gauge on the tracks too!
 And the best thing about the S-Gauge? None of the sound systems have that 
goofy engineer chatter going on. Just a bunch of noise anyway. But all this is 
just my opinion. So that's what counts! ( I am smiling as I am saying this!)
 I hope you all will forgive my ranting and raving!

Chris The Trainnut Burger
Dayton, Ohio
MVSG
NASG
TCA
www.trainweb.org/cbtrainnut


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to