Flash!
Just heard from a recovering O gauge guy that he uses with great results the
Amway hand soap to remove paint from plastic cars (autos). He has not tried
it specifically on AF bodies.  I plan to try it as soon as I can find a
local Amway distributor.
Stay tuned...
Roy Inman

----------
> From: JOHN EICHMANN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:01:39 -0600
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [S-Trains] Paint Stripping/Cleaning AF
> 
> 
> I agree with Jerry Dobbs that the best method of removing paint from old
> plastic AF bodies is to soak in a strong solution of detergent (personally, I
> prefer Tide, because that's what happens to be in the laundry room). Mix up a
> batch (I use about a cup of Tide for about 3-4 gallons of water in a bucket)
> and, depending on the age of the paint, soak for up to a week. I've never had
> to let it go as long as a year, as has Jerry. Brush occasionally with a soft
> toothbrush to help loosen the old stuff. Rinse well before repainting. It's a
> safe and inexpensive method.


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to