Super Strobi <strobis...@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently investigating the possibility to synchronize 2 s3ql
> filesystems, but without mounting them.

I assume you mean without mounting them at the same time? Otherwise I
don't understand what you're doing.

> What I'm trying to achieve:
>

>    - NAS1: contains the s3ql filesystem (which is s3ql-mounted by a linux
>    server, through sshfs - but not 24/7)

NAS1 is a computer, or a directory? What does it mean for the s3ql
filesystem to be s3ql-mounted by a linux server? Is NAS1 that Linux
server? Is sshfs the S3QL backend, or are you accessing S3QL via sshfs?

>    - NAS2: contains a "scp -pr" of the NAS1 contents as a baseline.

Of what exactly? The s3ql file system? Or the backend of the s3ql file
system?

> I use the following command on NAS1 to rsync the delta's made by linux
> server, after which (off course) the s3ql filesystem got umounted properly
> - the delta should be around 2GB.

I don't understand. What delta's? How are they made?

>    2. Is there a "smarter" way to synchronise *offline *s3ql file systems
>    (so *without* having to mount them)?

Yes, but the procedure depends on the backend. With the local backend,
use rsync. With the remote storage backend, you need to use a tool
specific to that service.

Best,
-Nikolaus