What I'm really after is running my own SMC installation for my students.
 The commercial servers are far too bogged down, even with paid tiers.
 Ultimately, I will be running a customized version which will only allow
maryvillecollege.edu addresses to sign up, and have a few other changes
that I have in mind.

I can run the laptop one just fine, I want to set up a real installation
though.