Dear William,

Thanks a lot. I tried the parametric plot version, which resulted in an
error.

cmsel = [colormaps.autumn(_) for _ in sxrange(0,1,0.05)]
var('r,t')
S=parametric_plot3d([2*r*cos(t), sqrt(2)*r*sin(t), 4 + (2*r*cos(t))^2 -
2*(sqrt(2)*r*sin(t))^2], (r,0,1),(t,0,pi/2), adaptive=True, color=cmsel,
plot_points=10, opacity=0.9)

What am I missing?

Thabks again,
JC