On 10/26/2016 10:27 AM, William Stein wrote:
If I could predict the line numbers of the targets of the pages I'm building
in advance, then this might work.  But at this moment I think that is way
too complicated to predict, especially since the line count includes the
rendered HTML.

Fortunately -- no, it doesn't.

The codemirror line numbers exactly match the lines numbers of the
sagews file you're generating.  The entire rendered output is always
single line.

Oh, that's much better.  I was looking at the line numbers in the gutter. ;-)

I've been trying to avoid a Python post-processing step, but maybe that is inevitable. It'd be simple there to do a two-pass trip to first collect line numbers of targets and then insert them into the links.

I guess the line numbers will become slightly off if a reader adds new text, but they should stay close.

I'll keep an eye on:  https://github.com/sagemathinc/smc/issues/161

Thanks,
Rob