Hi, well, I think that's harder to implement than you think, because
courses are inherently part of the project. But first I want to make sure I
understand it:

1. You want to essentially have a "join course" link on your website, which
opens up a "special" SMC page.
2. If no account, offer to sign up, otherwise step 3.
3. That "join course" link contains some token-information, about which
course to join. That's used to automatically add that account as a student.

-- harald